Our Terms and Conditions of hire are available as a PDF here.
Luteaim Limited T/A County Car & Van Rental provides you access to this website containing information, software, and publications on the terms and conditions outlined below. By using this site, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. Luteaim Limited T/A County Car & Van Rental reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion. The information on this website is protected by law, including copyright law.
Damage to vehicles caused while under the custody and control of the Hirer, will be subject to recharge under our Daily Rental Fair Wear and Tear Guide. (The current guide supersedes all previous guides.) Unless the damage only comprises of simple tyre punctures or windscreen chips, the full Excess will be charged immediately and the vehicle made subject to individualised damage recharge assessment by our Fleet Department.
Internet Trading T&Cs
These terms and conditions relate to the Internet Rental order process. They form an addendum to the Terms and Conditions of Hire. In the unlikely event of these terms contradicting the Terms and Conditions of Hire, the Terms and Conditions of Hire shall take precedence and override only the contradicting Internet Trading terms and conditions.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully:
- In these terms and conditions, "County" means Luteaim Limited T/A County Car & Van Rental.
- "No Show" means the person named in the booking does not present within 60 minutes of the agreed booking start date, time and rental office.
- We regret that due to restrictions place upon us by our underwriters, we are unable to accept drivers under the age of 25. All customers are subject to restrictions being placed on the hire, which are beyond the scope of this document.
- The order process forms only a request to County for the rental of a vehicle; an order is only confirmed when the appropriate rental agreement is signed. The process of the website order request does not constitute an invitation by either party to contract with the other, even where one party might send remittance to the other before the contract is entered into and signed.
- County reserves the right to refuse the rental of a vehicle to any individual or party at County's sole discretion.
- Vehicle models on this site are given for illustration only, the quote relates to the vehicle group specified, and not a specific vehicle. County reserves the right to substitute any displayed vehicle with another of its choice, at the prevailing rate. This may happen for example, if all vehicles in a specific group are unavailable.
- Order dates are inclusively calculated 24 hour blocks. For example, an order with a rental start date of 21/11/2012 13:00 and an end date of 21/11/2012 17:00 constitutes a 1 day rental, as would an end date of 22/11/2012 13:00. If this rental was to end one hour later at 14:00, it would become a two day rental.
- All vehicles must be returned to the originating County depot by the time on the Rental Agreement unless previously agreed in writing by a County member of staff. Failure to return a vehicle to the proper place by the agreed time and date may cause you to incur additional charges at a higher rate and ultimately, repossession and pursuit.
- All vehicles are available from a time specified by a County member of staff and will be assigned individually to an order. For example, if you order at 2pm and require a same day rental, the car may only be available from 4pm that day; the earlier you book in advance the greater chance that a vehicle will be available earlier in the day. We recommend that hires commencing within 3 days of the current date be placed in person or by telephone.
- All prices exclude Value Added Tax at the prevailing rate unless specified, and payment and deposit are taken in advance. Please note that by signing the rental agreement you will authorise us to take additional payments we may require, for instance to pay for damage rendered to the vehicle while in your custody and control, or refuelling costs etc.
- Should you qualify for a VAT rebate please let this be known before the rental agreement is signed. We may require proof of your qualification.
- Pricing does not include comprehensive cover and theft protection unless otherwise agreed in writing by a County member of staff. Supplements may be payable. If you are intending to provide your own insurance policy, it must be underwritten by a well-known insurer, comprehensively insure the hire vehicle, list the hirer as the policyholder by name, note us as the loss payee, and the certificate and schedule must be provided in writing to County at least 72 hours before the collection time. County may refuse to accept customer insurance policies at its discretion and without penalty. A hirer's failure to provide suitable insurance cover more than 72 hours before the collection time, will be treated and processed as a customer-initiated cancellation.
- Hires include 24Hr Breakdown Cover within the UK unless otherwise stated.
- Purchase of Liability Reduction can reduce excesses payable; details upon request.
- Rates are based upon an agreed mileage allowance that will be detailed on the Rental Agreement.
- This online rental service does not cover credit account transactions.
- Persons booking online may only book for themselves, and not on behalf of any other person (natural or corporate).
- All rentals are subject to availability.
- The rental agreement is a legally binding document. Please note that you will not have a right to cancel the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations (vehicle hire is an excluded category).
- Do not sign the rental agreement unless you agree to its terms, which are printed on the reverse.
- Where you act as a consumer, noting in these terms and conditions affect your statutory rights.
Customer-initiated cancellation of an order may incur a charge.
After a booking request has been accepted by us, which includes a discount for 'no changes' then no changes to the booking may be made, and cancellation or no show will result in a cancellation charge up to the value of the rental charge.
After a booking request has been accepted by us, which does not include a discount for 'no changes,' then changes or cancellation to the booking may be requested by the hirer, up to 23:59 three days before collection without a change or cancellation fee. After that point, a change or cancellation charge up the value of the rental charge will be levied. A no show will result in a cancellation charge equal to the rental charge.
In all cases:
- Customers may only initiate a cancellation request before the start of the requested rental period. This must be by telephoning the branch and speaking to a rental sales advisor. The point of cancellation will be at the time when the County rental sales advisor processes the cancellation in County’s computer system.
- Change requests to either booking requests or confirmed online bookings will be processed as customer-initiated cancellations, with refunds given in line with the policy applicable to the terms under which the booking request was made.
- Cancellations or no shows will result in any security deposit or optional extras already paid for, being refunded.
- Refunds take up to seven working days to show in a customer’s account. This delay is beyond our control and the exact timing depends upon the cardholder’s issuing bank.
- Where a booking request cannot be confirmed by County, or where a confirmed booking is subsequently cancelled at County’s prerogative, no cancellation charge will apply, regardless of the time remaining before the hire period is to commence.
Copyright © Luteaim Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Except as expressly prohibited on this Web site, you are permitted to view, copy, print, and distribute documents within this Web site (such as FAQs, white papers, datasheets, and so on), subject to your agreement that: Your use of the information is for informational, personal, and non-commercial purposes only. You will not modify the documents or graphics. You will not copy or distribute graphics separate from their accompanying text and you will not quote materials out of their context. You will display the above copyright notice and the below trademark acknowledgement on all documents or portions of documents and retain any other copyright and other proprietary notices on every copy you make. You agree that Luteaim Limited T/A County Car & Van Rental may revoke this permission at any time and you shall immediately stop your activities related to this permission upon notice from Luteaim Limited T/A County Car & Van Rental. The permission above does not include permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of this Web site. Those elements of the Web site are protected by law, such as trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws, and may not be copied or imitated in any manner.
Acknowledgement of Trademarks
Luteaim Limited T/A County Car & Van Rental acknowledges the trademarks and registered trademarks of other companies mentioned within this website.
Legal Registration Information
Luteaim Limited T/A County Car & Van Rental is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales registration number 2348611. Our VAT registration number is GB 927 5416 10. Our registered office is Progress Works, St Mary's Way, Stockport, SK1 4AP, United Kingdom. Personnel are also available at the Stockport address during office hours to deal with any face-to-face enquires.
We are a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association; membership number 605.