Fri Dec 22, 2017 | By: Sara Orritt
Throughout 2017 Team County has continued it's commitment to supporting as many charitable causes as possible:
- In March we held a non-uniform day on Red Nose Day and raised £58.00 + Gift Aid for Comic Relief.
- In April we donated 6 weeks' van hire to the RSPCA (following the theft of one of their own vans),
- In May we supported Macmillan's team at the 'Rock n Roll' event in Liverpool with a free van rental.
- In June we provided discounted van rental to the 'Armed Forces Day' event in Stockport.
- We also took part in the BHF's 'Wear It. Beat It.' event in June, raising £37 + Gift Aid for the charity.
- At the end of the 2016-17 school year, we sponsored the 'Manager's Player of the Year' award at Stockport Academy's Prze Giving.
- In September we held a Charity Car Wash at our Warrington branch, in aid of Alder Hey Children's Hospital and raised £125.00 for The Alder Centre.
- We took part in Jeans for Genes day, raising £50 + Gift Aid for Genetic Disorders UK.
- We provided discounted van rental to Oldham Cats.
- In October we took part in 'Wear It Pink' and raised £50 + Gift Aid for Breast Cancer Now.
- Finally, in December all 5 of our branches supported Key103's Cash for Kids "Mission Christmas" appeal - we donated and collected over £300 worth of toys for children living in poverty in the Greater Manchester area.
In total... we provided discounted and free rentals to the value of £1680.00, raised £350 in cash donations to great causes and collected over £300 worth of toys for Mission Christmas.
That's over £2300 donated in support of great causes in 2017!
If you are affiliated with a registered charity and would like to request our help or propose a partnership in 2018, please enquire here.
Important note: County are committed to supporting only registered charities. We ensure that all of the funds we raise (or the vehicle rentals we donate) go directly to the causes that need our help - and aren't handled unscrupulously.